Whether you're buying or selling a home, the home inspection is an important part of the process. If you're a buyer, it may save you from becoming the unwitting owner of a "money pit." If you're
Why Military Renters Are Great For Landlords
So.... there are a lot of great reasons to like military renters if you're a landlord:
1) They will generally maintain the place in working order and clean.
2) They're much more likely to pay their rent on time, and in certain cases their housing stipend may even be paid directly to you.
3) Unlikely to have criminal records or issues with illegal drugs.
4) Florida landlord-tenant law includes a provision that military renters need to be approved or denied on a rental application within 7 days. This applies both to the landlord (I rarely see landlords take more than a day or two anyway), and to ASSOCIATIONS. No waiting around for weeks for the association to decide... 7 days they approve or deny.. or the military member has the right to move in. So instead of losing a month's rent... you start collecting way faster.
Tips to improve your odds of finding a military renter....
1) everything should be in good working order, they're usually turned off by places that need further cleaning.
2) consider offering a special military discount on the typical deposit... many are looking to pay only the 1st month+ a deposit.
If you have any questions, please call me at 786-332-7042. If you would like a copy of the law, just send me an email at [email protected]
Latest Blog Posts
According to the NAR (National Association of Realtors) in 2016 95% of home buyers searched online, in 2004 it was 80%, in 2010 89%. When searching online, the first thing buyers will see are the