So.... there are a lot of great reasons to like military renters if you're a landlord:
1) They will generally maintain the place in working order and clean.
2) They're much more likely to pay their rent on time, and in certain cases their housing stipend may even be paid directly to you.
3) Unlikely to have criminal records or issues with illegal drugs.
4) Florida landlord-tenant law includes a provision that military renters need to be approved or denied on a rental application within 7 days. This applies both to the landlord (I rarely see landlords take more than a day or two anyway), and to ASSOCIATIONS. No waiting around for weeks for the association to decide... 7 days they approve or deny.. or the military member has the right to move in. So instead of losing a month's rent... you start collecting way faster.
Tips to improve your odds of finding a military renter....
1) everything should be in good working order, they're usually turned off by places that need further cleaning.
2) consider offering a special military discount on the typical deposit... many are looking to pay only the 1st month+ a deposit.
If you have any questions, please call me at 786-332-7042. If you would like a copy of the law, just send me an email at [email protected]
Author:Ann Ryan Phone: 786-332-7042 Dated: March 23rd 2018 Views: 56 About Ann: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
When I am writing a contract for my buyers, I only schedule closings f
"Working with eXp Realty was a pleasure. When we started, we had no idea what we wanted, but our buyer agent helps us figure out the pros and cons of all our options. Our agent went the extra mile willing to put in the extra effort to answer our questions, to make sure we were happy with our decisions, and educated about the market and local area.