So.... there are a lot of great reasons to like military renters if you're a landlord:
1) They will generally maintain the place in working order and clean.
2) They're much more likely to pay their rent on time, and in certain cases their housing stipend may even be paid directly to you.
3) Unlikely to have criminal records or issues with illegal drugs.
4) Florida landlord-tenant law includes a provision that military renters need to be approved or denied on a rental application within 7 days. This applies both to the landlord (I rarely see landlords take more than a day or two anyway), and to ASSOCIATIONS. No waiting around for weeks for the association to decide... 7 days they approve or deny.. or the military member has the right to move in. So instead of losing a month's rent... you start collecting way faster.
Tips to improve your odds of finding a military renter....
1) everything should be in good working order, they're usually turned off by places that need further cleaning.
2) consider offering a special military discount on the typical deposit... many are looking to pay only the 1st month+ a deposit.
If you have any questions, please call me at 786-332-7042. If you would like a copy of the law, just send me an email at [email protected]
Author:Ann Ryan Phone: 786-332-7042 Dated: March 23rd 2018 Views: 36 About Ann: ...
View our latest blog posts in your RSS reader. Click here to access.
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
As a Realtor, I see a lot of properties, lately 30 or more a week
"I had my eye set on a property right next door to one of my investment properties since I heard the neighbors were going to lose it in foreclosure. My agent Dan Clark told me that he would keep an eye on it for me and would let me know as soon as the property was available for purchase so that we could jump on it right away. It took almost 1 year for that property to come on the market, but as soon as it did, my real estate agent Dan Clark notified me and we were one of the first to look at the property and make an offer on it. It was a multiple offer situation and we were outbid on the first offer, but Dan stayed on top of it and let me know that the first offer fell through 2 weeks later. He resubmitted my offer only to get outbid a second time. Long story short, about 1 month later that contract also fell through. But Dan was on top of things and re-submitted my offer. Finally, on the 3rd try our offer was accepted and we closed on this great investment property right next door. I am super happy with this purchase and recognize that it wouldn’t have happened without Dan Clarks' persistence with staying on top of the property and keeping me up to date on exactly what was going on with it. Since then Dan Clark has represented me on the successful purchases of another two properties and has been instrumental in helping me grow my portfolio of properties. I recently suffered a knee injury and will be listing my two story house for sale with Dan so that he can help me find a house with no stairs. If you want the best real estate agent working for you, Dan Clark is the best agent I've ever worked with. I can't say enough good things about him. Hire him! You'll be glad you did."